Who We Are

Room 19 are a class of 5 year old who have just started school.
Check out what we have been up to.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cross Country by Shayne


Waiting with excitement for our cross country race, I was jumping up and down like a crazy monkey in the jungle. It was the 10 year old boys turn to run. Mr Burt said “On your marks, get set go”. I sprinted as fast as I could and I was coming first but sadly Lorenzo and Wyatt dashed past me like Sin Cara from The WWE. I could hardly see them, they were fast.


Eventually I ran on to the bridge where Ms Squires was right in front of me taking pictures of us. I tried saying “Hi Ms” but I was to fatigued to say anything. A quarter of the way I really thought that I was going to collapse. The track was so rocky.

While Anthony was jogging past me he caught up to Lorenzo and Wyatt. As soon as I rounded a corner this man said “Guess what your half way”. I felt like I was blessed.

Suddenly one of the shells nearly tore my shoe at the bottom. Luckily I've got shoes on." I thought to myself. Finally we turned around for the last stretch at the reserve near Tamaki College’s Technology hall.It was so rocky it felt like I was running on a desert.

Coming up through the bush onto our school field Hossana, Marvin and I had a foot race. We were all running as fast as we could but I only came second so I was so disappointed. I said “Flip I wish I came first” Marvin interrupted “It’s not about winning you know, it’s just about having fun and you should be proud that you completed the race”. I could now finally say “Hi Ms”.

4 comments:

Anthony said...

Hi room 14 that a cool cross counted
as I was running I stop my feet
were saw but I kept going good work room 14 keep it up.from Anthony

Calvin said...

Hi Shayne I thought that your writing was a pretty interesting cross country story.It had lots of vocab that caught my attention.One thing you need to work on is make your story a little more understandable so I can finish the whole story.

Jouan said...

Hi Shayne,
that was a very inspiring story, you really thought about the words you were using. It was just amazing. Well done.

From Jouan.

Hosannah said...

Hi rm 14, I really like the interesting story that Shayne was telling. He use really good vocabulary. KEEP IT UP SHAYNE!